1. Lower Operational Costs
When selling digital products you’ll eliminate numerous costs you would have incurred had you been selling physical products. Here is a quick summary of some operation expenses that you’ll either incur way less of or do away with entirely:
- No more shipping, handling and storage costs or hurdles like border inspection
- No manufacturing and purchasing inventory (the highest business expenses)
- No need to sell on competitive e-tail sites or set up bloated eCommerce stores
- Insurance isn’t necessary for digital products. Insuring physical products can get complicated and very expensive quickly, especially if those products don’t sell fast or when a disaster strikes like a fire.
- No costly overhead. You will need to invest in an internet service, a fast running computer and a few other tools to create digital products, but considerably less than setting up shop for physical products.